The linker post for this episode is Be Excellent to Each Other.
Dennis Jackson spoke with us about drones (and Airware), simple code, and learning.
Hobbyist drones and UAVs on Amazon: tiny and cheap, medium (Christopher's gift), and please-I'm-drooling-right-now. Only the last one may be an Airware platform (Dennis could neither confirm nor deny).
- Cyclomatic complexity
- Chris Svec's episode on empathy driven design (he'll also be at ESC Boston!)
- Test Driven Development for Embedded C by James Grenning
- Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
Dennis had a list of suggested articles and blogs on safety critical software development:
- 30 Pitfalls for Real Time Systems (part 1 and part 2)
- Rules for defensive C programming
- Joel Spolsky's blog (see top 10)
- Why are you still using C
- The Power of Ten -- 10 Rules for Writing Safety Critical Code
Dennis' other suggested reading (ongoing blogs):