John Leeman (@geo_leeman) spoke with us about geophysics and associated technology.
- What if you calibrated your candles differently?
- Out of the Country (Brad Jolive on moon rocks)
- "Rock Drills and Beer" Undersampled Radio
Python! Lots of Python was discussed.
- Jupyter notebooks (here is a good tutorial)
- Example of reproducing a figure from a paper
- John's friction model (repo and talk he gave about it at SciPy2016)
- Neat SciPy talk about open textbooks
- SciPy is a Python conference in Austin, TX in July
- Finally, in lieu of rock puns, here is a neat animation showing many different waves from earthquakes.
Contest! Contest ends October 1st and now there are more books! In addition to the ones Bob Apthorpe is sponsoring, John's consulting company will sponsor: Earthquake Storms: An Unauthorized Biography of the San Andreas Fault by John Dvorak and The Soul of A New Machine by Tracy Kidder.