Professor Paul Fishwick joined us to talk about CS and STEM education, excellent analogies, and the crossover of art and technology.
The Linker post related to this episode managed to be reasonably topical for a change.
- UT Dallas homepage
- Creative Automata blog and Modeling For Everyone blog
- TEDx talk
- Aesthetic Computing, one of his books on art and CS. Online chapter.
- Creative Automata course
Forrester System Dynamics
Max is a visual programming language for music and multimedia.
CS Unplugged is a collection of free learning activities that teach Computer Science through engaging games and puzzles that use cards, string, crayons and lots of running around.
The Computer History Museum is awesome. If you are in the area, you should definitely go.
Conference and contact notes:
- There is a party/hack event in Pasadena May 9th and 10th, email if you want more info (and an invite).
- Elecia will be speaking at SOLID in SF in June, giving an intro to inertial. She's got a coupon to share if you ask.
- ESC Minneapolis' call for proposals is open but closing soon.
- Elecia will be at ESC Silicon Valley in July, speaking on being a Maker (or not).